Our Family has grown by TWO FEET!!





Kemper James was born April 7, 7lbs 3oz 20 inches. It was a pretty fast first born delivery from what I have heard. I went into the Labor and delivery at 4:30pm and he was born at 11:39pm, so seven hours not too bad! Although I had been having contractions 10-30 minutes apart the two days prior and had a feeling he would be here on the 7th. In fact I called the Dr. and asked if she could see me because I was afraid that I was dilating all this time and that if my water broke I would not have time to make it to the hospital. My mom went with me to my appointment at 3pm (Kemper was at work) and the Dr. said that had not dilated anymore than the last time she had checked, but advised me that he will probably make his appearance soon and not to stray to far from the hospital. The only thing is we live about 25 minutes away and the traffic on a weekday 4-6pm is horrible, so mom and I decided that we would go to the mall and walk around and wait for the traffic to die down. As soon as we pulled out of the parking lot and got on the road I started having contractions that were two minutes apart. I knew these were the real ones because I was gripping the handles on the car door for dear life! We went back to the hospital and my mom helped me through my contractions for an hour until Kemper could get there, Damn Tollway! I finally got an epidural Hallelujah!! after two hours of the most intense pain. ( I must admit very similar to kidney stone pain). Forty five minutes after the epidural when I was finally getting comfortable I went from 3cm dilated to 10 cm dilated and the Dr. said it was time to push. We were so shocked because usually epidurals slow down your dilation. Kemper's mother was driving all the way from San Angelo and I really wanted her to be there, and thankfully she made it just in time to see her grandson born. It was an amazing experience and I can't believe it has come and gone. I had the best coaches My husband, my mother, mother-in-law and my two sisters, yes all of them! I had to have them all, I even told the nurses that the Dr. said it was OK (little white lie) but my Dr. ended up be OK with it and they got to stay.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...