Healing Hearts in Honduras

Each February the Friends of Barnabas Foundation www.fobf.org sends a surgical team to San Pedro Sula, Honduras to perform heart surgery on the children there. Last year I was fortunate to be able to go and serve as a nurse in the Intensive Care Unit. This year as I stay at home 7months pregnant I pray for the Team, children and their families that all goes well.
One of my fellow nurses, Trena has a blog www.trenasue.blogspot.com where she is keeping everyone up to date on the happenings in Honduras this year. The team left on February 14 and has completed 13 surgeries and numerous cardiac catheterizations so far,and they are all doing well. I have posted some pictures from last year.


A prayer before each surgery


New heart, new found energy!

Last and unexpected patient of the mission


Our "ICU"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...